Friday, March 19, 2010

Book Review : Start Here Doing Hard Things Right Where You Are

I'll admit that when I first agreed to review this Christian book, I thought the target audience was, well, ME. Perhaps I didn't read the invitation clearly or PERHAPS there was a bigger meaning behind it.

Let me explain, this book is aimed at the young crowd specifically teens and pre-teens. And in case you haven't noticed... that ain't me.

But, I'm glad I read it. So glad, in fact, that I immediately passed it along to my niece. AND SHE LOVED IT. The premise behind this book is to inspire today's youth to do the hard things, change the world around them and do the extraordinary for God.

The book is chock full of questions and answers, advice and suggestions for it's "Rebelutionaries." It tackles subjects like moving against the "crowd," handling changes that come with big decisions and keeping God in focus. It also contains an appendix filled with 100 real life examples of hard things that young people all over the world have done. If your youngster can't find some inspiration in his own life, then the appendix will help him find his way.

Even though I wasn't the target audience for this particular book, I found myself re-thinking my own choices in life and drawing inspiration from the teens who were profiled.

For more information on Start Here by Alex & Brett Harris, check here. FTC Disclosure: I was provided with a copy of this book for review.

No comments:

Post a Comment